Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dessert



I was in the kitchen a lot today. I made two batches of muffins, one gluten free and one not. We each had one as a snack earlier and one at dinner and the rest are in the freezer to be used for breakfast for the next week or two. They were really good, although I cheated and used a mix.

For dessert today I made this:



This is quite possibly the easiest dessert ever. It's Chocolate Mousse and it takes about 2 minutes of prep time and a little time in the fridge.

Ingredients:
1 package of instant chocolate pudding (the larger sized package)
1 tub (12 oz) of whipped cream (I used the fat free Cool Whip)
2 cups of milk

Mix the pudding and the milk. Fold in the whipped cream. Put in fridge to firm up. Done.

Soooo easy! I like to make it pretty by either putting a little whipped cream on top or by layering it like I did here. I like that it looks like I put a little work into it, and my kids think I'm the best mom ever because I made "fancy" dessert for them. Today I "fancied" it up by hand whipping the cream.... I usually use reddi-whip or something similar. I had some left that I didn't use in the Julia Child recipe from dinner, so I whipped it up with some sugar and vanilla. It was good, although I will admit to liking the stuff in the can better! I guess my taste buds aren't as refined as some.....

My 3 year old said, "This is the stinkin' best dessert I ever had." High praise coming from a 3 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment