Sunday, November 28, 2010

What's For Dinner - Fondue De Poulet A La Creme




The recipe I used today was from Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking. I'm not typing the recipe out as I'm feeling very...full.... and that is making me lazy. But google it, or check out the cookbook from the library.

Fondue De Poulet A La Creme is just a fancy French way of saying Chickin simmered with cream and onion. The French way sounds so much better doesn't it?

The picture doesn't look that great, sorry. The black spots on the chicken are where the bone was slightly burned. Or maybe I just did it wrong, I don't know. I never buy chicken that is on a bone, I always use boneless skinless, so it may have more to do with my lack of technique than anything.

The book didn't really say what to serve this with, or if it did I didn't write that part down. So I decided to cut all the chicken off the bone (I used 3 huge split chicken breasts and had a TON of meat). I made some white rice, put some cooked broccoli down on top of that, added the chicken, and poured over some of the cream sauce.

The finished product:



This was good, not as wow as I was expecting for all the work and calories. My husband really liked it though. To be fair I didn't have curry, so I used cumin which has a different taste. I'll make it again, but probably not for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment