Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies




Today was a baking marathon for me. I made a batch of chocolate chip peanut butter cookies (these happen to be gluten free.. but they really are delicious and you can't taste the difference), a batch of gluten filled chocolate chunk cookies, and gluten free pumpkin spice bars (YUM!).

I thought I would share the peanut butter cookie recipes because it's such a neat little recipe. It's probably the easiest cookie recipe in the world, and no one would know it.

Ingredients:

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)

If you don't have brown sugar you can use just a cup of white sugar, but the brown sugar really does make it taste better.

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.

Spoon onto cookie sheet. I dip a fork into some sugar to make the little crisscross pattern on the top like "fancy" peanut butter cookies.

Bake at 350 for about 10-12 minutes.

Seriously it's that easy. These really are tasty. I love peanut butter cookies and was a little bummed about missing out on them when I found out I had Celiac Disease. But these tasty cookies are soooo good and so much easier to make than the traditional kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment