Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Shopping List - Week 2

Again, I have no picture. This time it's because I'm a major klutz and I shut my foot in the car door. I know this seems impossible, as my husband told me, but apparently it can happen. Anyways, my foot started swelling before I left the store and by the time I got home my foot was tight in my shoe. I hobbled in and made my husband get the bags and put everything away. He also threw the receipt away, so I don't have exact prices to post.

But I do remember that I spent $16.13. And as I wondered through Walmart I realized that I still have the extra $3.00 from last week to spend! Seriously, I was ridiculously happy to realize this, even though I didn't need it.

Here is what I bought:

$4.19? - family pack of boneless pork sirloin - this probably came with 8 in the package and will be used for 2 meals
$.94 - 1lb of ground turkey - I bought 3
$.47 per lb of bananas (I don't know how many pounds I bought, but it was a good sized bunch
$1.88 Hershey's chocolate chips
$2.48? - Frigo String Cheese - Minus $1.00 coupon
$.50 Strawberry Milk

I am pretty sure I bought a couple other things, but I really can't remember. I didn't have any caffeine today, and I took some pain pills, so my brain is mildly screwed up.

Anyways, I have enough meat for the week and will have some leftover too. And I still have about $4.00 left in the budget. Not sure if I will need it or not, but I like knowing there is a little wiggle room.

Tonight I should be making the 18lb turkey. I have only made turkey once in my life, and it didn't turn out that great. So hopefully this time it works out a little better! I plan to have lots of leftovers to use over the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment