Sunday, November 28, 2010

Week 4 - Shopping List




So it's the start of week 4 and even though it's only the 1st day, I've spent most of my budget. I'm going to try to stick to the $40, but since I was so far under last week I'm going to let myself go over if I need to

Today I shopped at Meijer. I did a rush trip since my husband was home with our two very sick girls, and I didn't want to be gone too long. I didn't use a lot of coupons, but there were a lot of good sales on things we were low on. Meijer was having their 10 for 10 sale and when you buy 10 you get the 11th free. You'll notice a lot of snack items, these are for my daughter at school. They have snack twice a day and lunch, so I try to stock up when there are good sales.

Here's what I bought:

$.99 Meijer White Rice
$.50 Organic Green Onions
$1.00 Power Bars (bought 2) - Minus $1.00 coupon = $.50 each
$2.29 Chocolate Milk Boxes 4pack
$2.99 Meijer Butter sticks
$1.50 Meijer Brand Heavy Cream - bought 6 (yes this is A LOT but I'm using it for a Julia Child recipe I'm making for dinner tonight)
$.54 Taco Bell Refried Beans - bought 2
$.89 Martha White Muffin Mix - bought 2 - Minus $.55 mealbox coupon and $.55 manufacturers coupon = $.29 each
$.99 Best Life Margarine - bought 2 - Minus $.99 coupon = FREE
$.99 Meijer Organic Black Beans
$1.00 Palmolive Dish Soap - bought 2 - Minus $1.00 in coupons = $.50 each
$2.29 Combos - bought 4 - BOGO and minus $1.00 = $.90 each
$2.00 Meijer Toaster Pastries
$1.00 Seedless Cucumber
$1.00 Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Crackers - bought 5
$1.00 Earthbound Farms Organic Carrots
$1.00 Meijer Popcorn 3 pack
$1.00 Meijer Pretzels - bought 2 bags
$1.00 Meijer Whole Wheat Bread
$1.00 Meijer Spaghetti Sauce
$1.00 John Morell Rope Sausage - bought 2 - Minus $1.00 coupon = $.50 each
$1.00 Stauffers Animal Crackers - bought 2
$1.00 3lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes
$1.00 Meijer Big Roll Paper Towel - bought 2
$1.00 Meijer 4pack of 20oz soda - bought 2
$2.50 Meijer Ice Cream Bars 12 pack
$1.00 Meijer Brand Frozen Vegetables Steamers - bought 3
$5.94 Meijer All Natural Split Chicken Breasts

Also had catalina coupon for $4.50 off of $30 Meijer Brand food purchase, and $20.00 off your grocery order coupon from filling a prescription.

Total: $30.92

Typing this out it sure seems like a lot of junk food! This will last a LONG time in our house though. I was kind of surprised at the total. I usually keep track in my head, but I was trying to rush and was distracted. $31.00 of my budget went so quickly!

Tonight I'm attempting to make a Julia Child recipe. I've never made any of her recipes before and they are all a little intimidating to me. So I'm hoping it goes well. My camera is fully charged, so I'll post a picture later.... assuming I remember...

So I have $9.00 left for the week, and a little extra from last week to fall back on. I'm off to bake some muffins for breakfast for the rest of the week. I'm attempting to freeze them for the first time, so they don't go bad before we eat them all. Not too sure how this will turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment