Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Shopping List - Week 4




Well I've been MIA, because seriously this week has been just one thing after another. Monday I slipped getting out of the shower... and yes I know usually it's only 90 year old ladies doing this, but things like this happen to me.... my foot and ankle weren't broken, but I'm in a lot of pain and my foot is all swollen and nasty. Today was the first day I could get my loosest pair of shoes on without my foot feeling like it was breaking, so I went to the store with my mom. And that leads me to the fact that we've had no power, so we spent the night at my parents. And honestly, this is just some of the bad stuff that's happened this week.

So anyways, my grocery trip was GREAT! We went to Kroger and Meijer (I know I already went to Meijer this week, but she hadn't yet). Kroger was having a Mega sale where if you buy 10 participating items you get $5.00 off your total or $.50 each item. I like that if you use a coupon it will allow you to use it on the full price of the item before the mega sale savings, so you can get overage on certain items like you normally wouldn't be able to.

Here's what I got:

$2.50 Vaseline Intensive Healing Lotion - Minus Mega $.50 and Coupons $2.00 = FREE
$2.00 Kroger Cheese Balls (bought 2) - unhealthy I know, but a snack for my GF daughter
$1.29 Coast Soap - Minus $1.29 coupon = FREE
$.88 Suave Deoderant (bought 2 -these were full sized marked down) - Minus 2 $.88 coupons = FREE
$2.50 Colgate Total Toothpaste (bought 2) - Minus Mega savings of $.50 each and 2 $2.00 coupons = FREE
$1.09 Bounty Basics Paper Towel (bought 2) - Minus $2.00 in coupons = $.09 each
$1.25 Vitamin Water (Bought 2) - Minus Mega savings of $.50 each and BOGO coupons ($1.25) =$.25 for 2
$1.29 Diet Cherry Pepsi 2 ltr - Minus $.50 mega = $.79 plus deposit
$2.50 Silk Almond Milk Dark Chocolate 1/2 gallon (bought 2) - Minus Mega savings of $.50 each and 2 $2.00 coupons = FREE
$1.49 Mom's Best Natural cereal (bought 2) - Minus Mega savings of $.50 each and $2.98 in coupons = FREE + $1.00 OVERAGE
$2.29 Pinesol Foor Cleaner - Minus $2.00 coupon = $.29
$.99 Cool Whip Free (bought 2) Minus $1.98 coupons = FREE
$1.98 Morton's Sea Salt (bought 2) Minus 2 $2.00 coupons = FREE
$1.00 Idahoan Red Potatoes - Minus $.80 in coupons = $.20
$1.99 Butterball Turkey Bacon - Minus $1.50 in coupons = $.49
$2.00 Celestial Seasonings Tea (bought 2) - Minus 2 $2.00 coupons = FREE

Total including tax = 3.40

Than on the Meijer. No picture, since this was a small trip.

$2.57 5.25lbs of Bananas
$2.00 Cheese Nips (bought 2) - Minus $1.00 coupon = $.50 each
$1.48 Dozen Eggs
$3.79 Milk Boxes for school lunches
$.69 Buddig Lunch Meat (bought 3 packs) - Minus 3 $.55 coupons = $.14 each
$1.39 Meijer Heavy Cream
$1.00 Reeses Peanut Butter Cups King Size (a bribe to my daughter for going to *gasp* 2 grocery stores)
$1.00 John Morell Sausage -(bought 2) - Minus $1.00 coupon = $.50 each
Minus $10.00 of your next grocery store coupon from prescription filling (pain meds for my poor mangled foot)

Total $2.65

Total spent at both stores =$6.05!

I think this was one of my best shopping days. My Kroger trip was just great. So much ended up being free. And it's all things that we're sure to use. And it only took about 40 minutes to match the coupons with the sales at both stores. It really can be easy to save money at the grocery store. Now I just need to find a new coupon organizer since mine is on it's last leg. I can't find one that is big enough for all my coupons though.....

No comments:

Post a Comment