Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What's For Dinner - Kind of

I feel a little bad because I haven't been posting What's For Dinner. This week we've been eating a lot of leftovers, and quick and easy meals, so I haven't posted. Yesterday was tacos made with ground turkey. My husband made those, since I had a migraine all day. This week has been LONG and I haven't been feeling too great, so I'm hoping next week to get back on track.

Tonight, I'm not sure what I want to make. It's 23 degrees here, so something nice and warm. I really like the first few days of winter weather. Of course in a month I'll be telling my husband we should move somewhere warmer, but for now it's nice. I'm hoping to have a nice long weekend with my family, being lazy, watching movies, and of course black Friday shopping. We're going to a friends for dinner Saturday, so I get out of cooking for a day.... LOVING that. And it looks like I'll be cooking the XXL turkey for just the 4 of us, so we will have a TON of leftovers. So there should be lots of turkey recipes coming up.

I'll be doing the rest of my grocery shopping today too (at least that's the plan... somehow things seem to get derailed quite easily around here), so I'll be posting that either tonight or in the morning. I'm hoping to get a few things so that this weekend I can bake a few yummy treats. My inner Martha Stewart is crying for a release. I'm considering an *attempt* at an GF apple pie... but that seems a bit over my head. What will probably happen is I will attempt it and half way through realize it was a huge mistake because my creation looks nothing like an actual pie..... and than I will think about just forgetting about it... but I will think about the $5 a box baking mix.... and than the guilt will set it, so of course I won't be able to throw it away... and I will bake my concoction and force my family to try it... than the inevitable look of disgust will cross their faces... while my husband says, "Yeah, this is great. Good job." All while trying to keep a smile on his face to cover the said look of disgust. But I'll pretend to believe him... put the leftovers in the fridge, where they will be "forgotten" and after a discreet amount of time has passed will throw them away.

Can you tell this has happened before?

No comments:

Post a Comment