Friday, November 19, 2010

Week 2 - Update

Well I spent $1.80 of my remaining $3.00. I'm feeling so confident that I'm rounding it up to $2.00. Yeah, that's right $.20 that I'm just leaving out there.... that is CONFIDENCE.

Seriously I went into Meijer with the idea that I would buy a Leapster Case for the Leapster my daughter is getting soon. They had it on clearance for $7.00.... and I had a $2.00 mperks coupon burning a hole in my pocket (or cell phone I guess... whatever). So it was only going to be $7.00... regularly $17.00, so I had to get it, right? Anyways, while I'm there I think, "Sweet potatoes are only $.25 a pound and you're having company next week. The kids really like sweet potatoes, you should get some." So I do, of course, because the kids like them (at least that's what I'm telling myself.... truth be told when I tried sweet potatoes for the first time this week I was in a food induced heaven.... SO GOOD.... And than while I'm standing there choosing only the best sweet potatoes, not that I really know what I'm looking for, but I assume one that is "prettier" than the others is probably the one I want, I happen to glance over my shoulder and see a clearance rack with lots of leftover bulk holiday candy. And again, I think, "The kids would LOVE this, I have to get it." And so I ended up with two massive containers of candy for a total of $1.80.

I did get the sweet potatoes too, 4lbs to be kind of exact, but since their for having company over... the don't count. Poor, unloved, not counting sweet potatoes....

So that was my morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment