Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Shopping List - Week 8



My shopping for the week is officially done. I shopped at Meijer and being that the sales this week were pretty bad I didn't use very many coupons. But I did get everything I needed.

Here's what I bought:

$.99 Meijer Paper Towels (bought 2)
$1.35 Ranch Mix
$1.64 Large Eggs
$2.54 2lbs Jasmine Rice
$3.79 Drink Boxes
$.79 Great Northern Beans
$.79 Chili Beans
$.89 Pancake Mix (bought 4) - Minus 2 $2.00 coupons = FREE
$.79 Swanson Chicken Broth
$.99 Chi-Chi Salsa (bought 2) - Minus 2 $.99 coupons = FREE
$.94 Taco Bell Taco Shells (bought 2)
$1.19 Helluva Chip Dip (bought 2) - Minus 2 $1.00 coupons = $.19 each
$1.35 La Choy Soy Sauche (bought 2) - Minus $.50 each (promo buy 3 La Choy save $1.50 instantly) = $.85 each
$1.79 La Choy Sweet and Sour Sauce - Minus $.50 = $1.29
$1.49 Taco Bell Queso
$2.00 Pam Spray (bought 2) - Minus 2 $.70 coupons and $1.00 Mealbox coupon = $.70 each
$1.50 Meijer Toaster Pastry
$.99 Kleenex - Minus $1.00 coupon = FREE
$1.33 Nestle Mint Chocolate Chips (bought 2) - Minus $1.00 coupon = $.83 each

So I didn't do great, and really I didn't need anymore of that chip dip.... but it doesn't expire until the end of February.... I'm sure it can get used by then. I didn't really need any meat this week. I have SO much leftover ham that I don't know how we'll finish it all, and of course I have some other stuff in the freezer.

My total spent was around $25.00 (again I bought a few things to bring to a party this coming weekend so I subtracted that from the amount spent). So I'm under budget, which is nice. I may wind up buying another bag of GF flour because I've been baking a lot and am already running low (there has not been anything posted about these baking ventures because they've all sort of failed in a big way.....*sigh*). I've been finding that I enjoy baking but have about 0 skill at it. Occasionally something turns out well.... buy accident I'm sure..... but other than that it all kind of flops. The bread I made yesterday collapsed on itself and burned on the top while the inside was still quite doughy. My children mocked me.... my husband smiled a smile that implied that I should have just bought a loaf of bread.... but you can't just BUY GF Banana Bread. It did smell nice.... my one consolation.

I think I need Martha Stewart or Ina Garten... or someone to give some serious baking lessons. I may be a lost cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment