Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What's For Dinner - Chili




Today was freezing. Seriously. Freezing. Since it was so cold I decided to make something nice and warm. Since I really need more meat and my selection is pretty bare bones, I decided to make chili.

I used a medium sized yellow onion (diced really small so the kids wouldn't realize it was there), lean ground turkey, 1 can of chili beans, one can of great northern beans, and 1/2 a can of tomato sauce. I usually add some green pepper and diced tomato, but I didn't have any. I served it over some yummy jasmine rice.

The kids didn't love this meal, but they ate it. My oldest said it was okay, not terrible. And my youngest picked out the beans and said they were the best ever.... but she wasn't such a fan of the meat and rice.

I'm going to try to get back into making more recipes from the cookbooks I've been reading, I need a little variety. Plus I feel bad posting my lame dinners here and would like to liven it up a bit. I checked out a huge stack from the library today so I'm hoping to find some good stuff. I feel my inner Betty Crocker dying for release. My family doesn't like these moods I get in..... I swear my husband cringes everytime he sees me come home with a new batch of cookbooks from the library. He always cautiously asks what type of cookbook it is. And when he sees some crazy title all he says is, "huh." But the way he says it implies.... "if you make that for dinner please have something else on standby that I can heat up when this turns out to be a total disaster..."

Men.

No comments:

Post a Comment