Monday, December 6, 2010

Shopping List - Week 5



I can't believe it's week 5 of the challenge! The first month went better than I thought. There were even a couple under budget weeks. This week I need a lot of things like vegetables and meat so I don't think I'll have a lot of unused money left, although I'm starting to get pretty confident that I can do this every week for under $40. For instance today at the grocery store when my original total was nearly $60 after the Kroger savings with my shoppers card (it was over 80), I didn't panic. I knew that I had my wad of coupons and my total would come down significantly. According to my receipt my total savings with sales and coupons was 91%! Maybe it's nerdy or a little pathetic, but I was SO excited by this. My final price was only $7.62! And wait till you see how much I got!

I will admit that my weekend challenge did not work out though. I did spend under $20 for the meal.... but.... the meal never happened. We'll be having everyone over another day instead, so I'm saving most of the ingredients, although the salad ingredients will be used up this week so they don't go bad.

So here's what I got at Kroger this week: They were doing another Mega sale so I noted this as well.

$1.99 Emerald Peanuts (bought 2) - Minus $.50 each for Mega sale and 2 $1.99 coupons = FREE + $.98 OVERAGE
$1.25 Vitamin Water (bought 2) - Minus $.50 each for Mega sale and $2.00 coupon =FREE + $.50 OVERAGE
$2.50 Vaseline Lotion (bought 3) - Minus $.50 each for Mega and 3 $2.00 coupons = FREE
$2.10 Coffeemate Creamer (bought 2) - Minus 2 $2.00 coupons = $.10 each
$1.25 Skinny Cow Ice Cream Cups (bought 2) - Minus 2 $1.25 coupons = FREE
$1.00 Del Monte Fruit Naturals (bought 6) - Minus 2 $2.00 coupons = $.33 each
$1.39 Franks Red Hot (bought 2) - Minus 2 $1.39 coupons = FREE
$1.29 Coast Soap - Minus $1.29 coupon = FREE
$2.28 Marie Collander Steamer Frozen Entree (bought 2) - MInus $.50 each for Mega Sale and 2 $2.00 coupons = FREE + $.44 OVERAGE
$2.00 Blue Diamond Nut Thins (bought 2) - Minus 2 $1.00 coupons = $1.00 each
$1.49 Krusteaz Cookie Mix (bought 3) - Minus $.50 each for Mega sale and 3 $1.49 coupons = FREE + $1.47 OVERAGE
$.90 2.31 lbs of Bananas
$2.29 Honey Nut Cheerios - Minus $.50 for Mega sale and $1.10 coupon = $.69
$1.49 Mom's Best Naturals Cereal (bought 2) - Minus $.50 each for Mega sale and 2 $1.49 coupons = FREE + $1.00 OVERAGE
$2.29 Honey Nut Chex Cereal (bought 4) - Minus $.50 Mega sale for each and 3 $2.00 coupons = $.79 each
$2.29 Rice Chex Cereal (bought 2) - Minus $.50 each for Mega Sale and $2.00 coupon = $.79 each

So there it is 37 items for $7.62. I think this great, especially considering I got 9 boxes of cereal and Chex is one of the only GF cereals my daughter and I like.

Now I just need to decide what's for dinner and I'm done for the day. My foot is in major pain and I'm taking it easy the rest of the day. Hopefully my 3 year old cooperates and decides she's in the mood for a lazy day too!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! you really impress me because I have tried to do coupons but can never find anything good and get a great deal.

    You have a real gift! Keep up the great work!

    KP

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I'm seriously speechless at how awesome this trip is.

    ReplyDelete