Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What's For Dinner - Taco Soup




Last night I made Taco Soup. This was a new recipe and I loved it. It was fabulous. I changed up the recipe to fit what I had on hand but it turned out great. This is how I made it:

1 lb. 96% lean Ground Turkey
1 can Chili Beans
1 can Great Northern Beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can Corn (14.5 oz can)
1 packet of Ranch Dressing Mix
1 packet of Taco Seasoning
1 small/medium Onion, diced
1 can diced tomatoes (do not drain)

Brown the meat and the onion in a large pot. Once browned add the beans, tomatoes, corn, and seasoning mixes. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer about 20 minutes.

Top with cheese, sour cream, green onion, tortilla chips.... really whatever sounds good to you.

My kids both ate this without too much complaining (a big deal in my house). My husband wouldn't try it because *gasp* it contains beans. I loved it. There was enough to feed 4 easily. We have enough leftovers for 2 days for lunch. I wasn't too sure about trying this because it sounded a little weird, but the ranch and taco seasoning really added a lot of good flavor.

Now I just need to figure out what to make tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment