Sunday, December 12, 2010

What's For Dinner - Rigatoni




Ignore the fact that this doesn't really photograph well, it tasted pretty good. This is my, I don't feel like cooking and need something easy, Rigatoni and Lean Turkey Sausage.

It's made with:
1 package of Lean Sweet Italian Sausage
1 package of GF Rigatoni
1 small jar of pasta sauce
Cheese (didn't measure)

I used my dutch oven.... my new kitchen toy... to brown up the sausage (I sliced it into bite sized pieces first) in a little bit of extra virgin olive oil. In a separate pan I cooked the pasta according to the package directions. Once the meat was cooked through I added the sauce and let that all simmer together until the pasta was cooked. I combined it all in the dutch oven and mixed in a handful of cheese (I only had mexican cheese... so I used that). Than I topped it with a bit more cheese and put the lid on the dutch oven. I let that cook a while longer to melt the cheese and just to let it all combine a bit.

It was a hit with the family. And it was easy. I'm not one to make much pasta, but this was good and somewhat healthy being that I used turkey sausage (although the cheese kind of wrecked the health factor a bit). But, I'm sure it beat the takeout that I wanted.....

No comments:

Post a Comment