Thursday, December 9, 2010

Shopping List - Week 5

This is a sad, sad day. I blew all the remaining money in the budget and I went OVER! I didn't take a picture because I was just too depressed over my paltry pile. And to make it worse I didn't get any of the meat that I needed. I have enough to get through the weekend.... I think.... so next week will probably be bad since I'll have practically nothing.

$1.97 Meijer Apple Juice
$1.50 Meijer Trash Bags
$4.99 Udi's Gluten Free Bagels
$.69 Meijers Great Northern Beans
$.69 Meijer Black Beans (bought 3)
$.69 Meijer Chili Beans
$.69 Meijer Diced Tomato
$1.30 Thai Kitchen Light Coconut Milk - Minus $1.00 coupon = $.30
$1.49 Ortega White Corn Taco Shells
$1.49 Kraft Singles
$1.89 Kraft Whipped Cream Cheese
$3.20 8 Yoplait Light Cups - MInus $1.00 coupon = $2.20 for 8
$2.00 4lbs of Oranges
$2.50 3lbs of Apples
$1.25 2lbs powdered sugar
$1.00 Lunchables (bought 4)

Grand Total - About $30. I bought some other stuff, like dog food, and a dish pan, ect..... and I'm feeling too lazy to add it up properly. But I went OVER budget this week!

I'm blaming it on the bagels. They put me over. You see, I've heard so many rave reviews about Udi's bread. But I've never found it in my are, and according to their website it wasn't sold within 100 miles. Gluten free bread normally tastes like saw dust. It's gross. So I've been wanting to try Udi's for the last year. I've been missing bread! So when I saw Udi's bagels on the bottom shelf of the gluten free freezer section at Meijers I HAD to get them. They don't sell the sandwich bread, but I figured the bagels would give me an idea of whether or not their bread products are saw dust like the rest I've tried. And of course.... what's a bagel without cream cheese.... so that went into the cart too. That's $7.00. If I hadn't spent that $7.00 I would be right on budget. Darn bagels.

But it's worth it. I opened them as soon as the groceries were put away. I toasted them in the oven. And WOW. They are amazing. Like seriously heaven on earth. I haven't had "real" bread of any kind in over a year. These tasted like normal bread. I was moments away from tearing open the whole pack and eating all 4. It was that good. My 3 year old ate it with a cream cheesed faced smile.... while I sat next to hear and asked, "Are you gonna finish that?" Hands down the best gluten free product I've ever tried. And it's only $4.99 for a 4 pack, and since I split one with my daughter... that's 4 breakfasts! For GF bread that's a great price. I am in love with a breakfast food...... don't tell my husband....

So I sit here typing, my head held in shame... feeling like a failure. But sometimes you have to buy the bagels you've been longing to try for a year.... It's hard to feel too much shame with a belly full of bagel and cream cheese. Seriously, just try it.

I'll get back on track next week. At least I hope not to go over twice in a row. I'm trying to cut down on how much meat I eat (hence all the beans I bought today), so maybe my bill won't be as bad.... or it might just be wishful thinking....

No comments:

Post a Comment