Sunday, December 26, 2010

Mini Rant

I'm pretty sure there is an evil conspiracy between all the grocery stores in the area to keep me from my weekly budget this week. I've looked at 3 ads and all of them have left me feeling depressed and annoyed. How is one to keep on a $40 a week budget when the grocery stores all have horrible ads the same week. They should seriously rotate bad weeks or something so I have somewhere to shop.

So far VG's is looking like the weekly winner, which is nothing to brag about this week. And even the stuff there isn't stuff I *need* at the moment. Like do I really need more cereal.....um....no... my pantry is starting to resemble the cereal aisle of the local party store. But it will be free..... so I guess I'm buying more. I'm sure we'll use it before it expires, but it's the last thing on my list right now. If there is ever some huge catastrophe everyone can head over to my place for some cereal. By this time I'll probably have amassed enough to feed a small country... it will have overtaken my pantry (which is somewhat large I might add) and the laundry room.... don't worry if you have a particular brand you like... I probably have it. Stupid cereal.... REALLY.

I think I have a bad attitude about it all this week. I was already having a bad week... and than I sat down to make my grocery list. A task which I usually quite enjoy. And I didn't get a paper this week cause the place I stopped to get one only had papers with NO COUPONS! Seriously BP gas station.... you're off the ball.... you're slacking.... you're lying to your customers, because the paper clearly states there is like $149 in coupons.... SO WHERE ARE MY COUPONS. BP gas station is now on my list. And it takes a LOT to get on my list. And since we were having company today I didn't have time to stop anywhere else. I had 2 hams to get in the oven and a cheese cake to get into the slow cooker. And yes, I cooked a cheesecake in my slow cooker and it was magical. Yes mom, magical. Even if you thought it was less than perfect. (A note to my mom.....I tried a bite after you left and it was MUCH better after it got colder).

So I guess is the end of my mini rant.... which is developing a mind of it's own and turning kind of long. My husband appreciates my couponing obsession.... but does not understand it.... so I needed a venue if you will to complain.

I'm off to relook at all the ads again in the hopes that something redeemable pops out of one....

No comments:

Post a Comment